A film by Lesley Ann Patten
A profile (of sorts) of Tibetan teacher and filmmaker Dzongar Jamyang Khyentse Norbu Rinpoche, director of The Cup and Travellers & Magicians…
“Funny, brave, illuminating, adventurous.” –Chronicle Herald
“Thoughtful, surprisingly fast-moving…a memorably quirky look…” –Variety
- Best Feature Documentary Houston International Film Festival
- Best Foreign Film Rhode Island International Film Festival
- Official Selection Vancouver International Film Festival
- Official Selection Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival
- Official Selection International Buddhist Film Festival
- Official Selection Woodstock Film Festival
- Official Selection Amsterdam Film Festival
- Official Selection Hawaii International Film Festival
- Official Selection Filmstock International Film Festival
- Official Selection Vladivostock International Film Festival
From the World Cup in Germany to the remote Buddhist kingdom of Bhutan, three students are on a quest they hope will lead to wisdom. The catch is… the teacher. Soccer obsessed, charismatic filmmaker, and citizen of the world, Khyentse Norbu may be one of the most eminent Tibetan Buddhist teachers, but it’s a job description he slyly seems to reject at every turn.
Featuring appearances by Bernardo Bertolucci, Gesar Mukpo and Steven Seagal
Filmed on location in the UK, Bhutan, Canada, the US, and Germany.
Music by Sting, Tara Slone and Joydrop, Steve Tibbetts, u:man:tek, Kunga 19, and others.
- Interview with Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse Norbu Rinpoche
- Buddhist film trailers
103 min / Color / English / Stereo / NTSC / All Region