The International Buddhist Film Festival: Showcase 2010 will be presented by Buddhist Film Foundation and California Film Institute December 2–9 at the Smith Rafael Film Center in San Rafael. Additional screenings will take place in San Francisco at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, December 9–19. There’s a total of 21 titles, 15 premieres, 10 nations represented, with over a dozen special guest presenters. Information about screenings in San Rafael is currently available at the Smith Rafael Film Center. The full program, schedule and ticket information will be available here on November 9.
- the opening night sneak preview of the new nonfiction film I AM from director Tom Shadyac (Liar Liar, Bruce Almighty, Patch Adams)
- the west coast premiere of the 2010 Cannes Film Festival Palme D’Or winner Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives by Apichatpong Weerasethakul
- a special presentation of Michelle Esrick’s Saint Misbehavin’: The Wavy Gravy Movie
- the west coast theatrical premiere of the complete version of Ken Burns’ Seeing Searching Being
- the closing night presentation of the Bay Area premiere of Zen, the dramatic feature by Banmei Takahashi
Confirmed guests include Wavy Gravy, Tom Shadyac, Wes “Scoop” Nisker, Michelle Esrick, Kaz Tanahashi, Marc Ian Barasch, Jane Hirshfield, David Grubin, Larry Reed, Dr. Jacob Needleman, Alan Senauke and Gesar Mukpo.